Thank you Alicia from For His Purpose for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I love your blog because it’s always an honest piece of your heart with a snapshot of Jesus right in the middle!
Be sure to check out Alicia’s blog because she will make you feel like you are sitting right there with her as she shares her heartfelt stories. When the blog comes to an end you will hunger for more! She truly deserves the Sunshine Award!
About the Sunshine Award:
This award is given to creative, positive, and cheerful bloggers by other bloggers as a token of appreciation and admiration. Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
I’ll answer the questions Alicia sent to me first:
- Why do you write? It may be hard to put this one in words, oddly enough! I write out of obedience to God, and because I love it. It’s how I best share my heart and communicate to others. My heart’s desire is to share the word of God to new believers and other believers in such a way it will cause them to love the LORD as much as I do! PS: I often wish I had a backspace and delete for my spoken words!
- Who do you admire and why? I admire people who can remain calm in adversity. They seem to have the most amazing ability to push aside those untrustworthy feelings and discern facts from fiction and walk forward in truth. Therefore, they have no regrets for inappropriate feelings, which lead to inappropriate actions. My husband Danny has this gift as well as my friend Debbie Stuart.
- What has been your best vacation? My husband and I sold our condo, most of our belongings, and stored what was left for ten months. We drove all over the US and ended with a month-long cruise. I’ve always said if we never went anywhere else, I would die a happy girl. Recently we took a Road Scholar trip to South Dakota and it was AmAzInG!! First time for a tour of this kind and I would absolutely call Road Scholar again. Check them out if you are looking for a great vacation with tour guides who teach a lot!
- Where would you love to visit one day? Out of country: Israel, Ireland, and Scotland. Stateside: Montana and Wyoming.
- Why is your best friend, your best friend? Well, first, if you are reading this you are one of my best friends because you really are awesome and have touched my heart, even if I’ve never met you face to face! I am so blessed! But as much as I love everyone, I’m going to have to say my sister, Terry. Thick and thin, sick and sin, that girl sticks with me! We know all the past, all the hard, all the joys, and we laugh outrageously at the silliest things! She never stopped praying for me to surrender to the Lord and when I finally did, she helped me build a personal relationship with Jesus.
- What is your biggest concern (about anything)? That my loved ones are unsaved. But God….❤️
- When did you last owe someone an apology? Wow, seems like a lot. I’m a “servant” and often barrel ahead to help when help isn’t wanted! I’ve had to apologize for this several times. Someone once told me “your greatest gift is also your greatest weakness.” Truth.
- What’s the best movie you’ve ever watched? Yikes! How about “It’s A Wonderful Life” with Jimmy Stewart. I think we sometimes forget or underestimate how important our lives can be to others.
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? During one particularly hard moment growing up, I remember my Mother reaching her arms around all five of her children to hug us all at the same time. Her arms and love in that moment seemed never ending!
- What do you love most about yourself? Hmmmm, another hard question! My dependability; it gives me stability and when I help others, I think it gives them comfort too.
- If you could ask Jesus a question what would it be? So. Many. Questions! The Bible alone has me asking all sorts of questions! Maybe this one: Will this book I’m writing ever be published or is it just to heal my broken places?
Now for my nominee choices:
- Irene at Heaven’s Sunshine. Sometimes at the end of the day you just need a pleasant view and Irene gives that with every photograph she posts. Love her camera artwork!
- Jean of Fresh Whispers. I love her blog because she reminds us to take a moment, still your voice and thoughts, and those of others to listen for the speaking of our Lord.
- Robert Chamberlain, Watching Daily at Wisdom’s Gates provides a quick read with deep meaning from the Word and he always ends with a sweet prayer! I love that!
- Nicole, The Christian Fiction Girl. Nicole provide book reviews y’all! I love to read, and her reviews save me so much time! I can run through her list of recommendations and choose something in a hurry! To keep things interesting, she has daily themes and chances to sign up for a giveaway!
- Diane in Diane’s Kitchen. If you need a quick and hearty meal, follow this woman who is a boss in the kitchen! Her recipes are not complicated and family centric. She provides steps and pictures!
- Lisa with Pearls of Promise. This woman is AmAzInG! I am blessed to know her personally and I dare you to try to keep up with her fast-paced life! Author, Speaker, Teacher, and encourager to name a few! She will bring Sunshine into your life the second she smiles!
- Anita, For the Love of. This woman was one of my first contacts in blog-world and has graciously extended kindness, because that’s what she is all about: Kindness! She is an encourager and has provided me with lots of Sunshine on dark days!
- Ruth of PlantedByLivingWater. She writes about God’s grace, love, and mercy and how we can apply that to our lives.
- Becca from The Becca Files. Her blog started with a focus on reviewing book’s but her heart quickly led her to also include His Encouragement Thursday, where she shares Jesus on a deeper level. If you need an encouragement or a great book, follow along with Becca!
- Debi Sue of Seriously Seeking Answers. I love that her blog is a mixture of religion, personal choices, science, and recipes! I don’t know about you but her blog hits the button for me in a lot of areas and I think you will like her as much too.
- Bertilla of Grace and Faith She gives you a quick but deeply encouraging blessing from the Lord.
Here are your 11 questions:
- What is the longest time you’ve ever lived in one location?
- What is the most powerful lesson you have learned from your relationship with Jesus?
- What is your favorite meal?
- Who inspires you the most and why?
- What was the last book you read, and did you like it?
- What is your favorite season?
- Is it easy or difficult for you to speak about your faith to others?
- How would you describe yourself?
- Where do you find inspiration from your blog posts?
- Do you have a mentor?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
To my nominees, please don’t feel pressured to accept this award and all its details. Know that I just appreciate reading your posts, I’s so grateful you mean mine, and your comments and feedback help me grow! Thanks for what you do!!